August 02, 2008

Backtracking a little: Camping in July

Here are some pics I forgot to post from our Mammoth camping trip. (I posted some on my Facebook but forgot to put them here!) Jon, Caden and I joined my family (Grandma, Grandpa, my parents, aunt, uncle, cousins and their wives/girlfriends) for our annual camping trip to Mammoth, specifically Lake Convict. They all camped there while Jon, Caden and I stayed in town (Mammoth) since camping with a newborn could have been interesting. :) It was great to spend time with my family, and Jon had a great time catching fish and hanging with my cousins. Here are some highlights!

Grammie and Caden

"Um Mom, what are we doing..."

Here is Caden in his "camping outfit" my aunt bought him before he was born! It fit perfectly! He's all strapped in ready for a walk!

By the creek

Isn't the view amazing?

Caden with Great Grandpa and Great Grandma





Caden playing cards...Daddy is proud!

Our "visitor" to the campsite. Yep, that's right. A bear. It was less than 20 yards away from us. This is the first year we've seen one in all the years we've been up there (my aunt/grandparents have been going up for 20 plus years, and this is the first one they've ever seen there!) Caden was excited to see his first bear...but not too up close. Caden would be an appetizer for that thing.

No comments: