March 29, 2008

Easter and Daddy Time

Here is a picture of Caden's first easter! (He has a bunny on his shirt in case you can't see, because he always has his hands near his face, so it was hard to get a picture of the whole outfit. ) Jon and I made it to church on Easter Sunday for the first time since we've had Caden, which was so fun especially since it was Easter. We saw a few people and got to show him off a bit, but steered clear of trying to see tons of people (aka the kids building) because we thought it would be a bit overwhelming and germy for the little guy. :) But we sat through the service in the cafe and Caden did so good, barely making a sound but wide awake most of the time.
Later that evening, we went to my Aunt's house and had a yummy Easter dinner. The only bad news is, the next day Caden was SUPER fussy/gassy (which I can luckily say is not like him) and we think its because I had a bunch of chocolate at Easter. So now we think I have to cut out chocolate. I am NOT excited about this at all. But after Monday, I can honestly say I do NOT want another day like that, so am willing to give it a try.
On Friday night, I had my first night out without Caden and went to my friend's Stacie's bridal shower. Jon babysat and they both did great. Here is a pic of the boys. (Ps--Caden officially takes a bottle really well at only 3 weeks old which is SUCH a relief since I will have to pump and have him on a bottle when I go back to work . WHEW! It also means I can have some nights out with the girls! YAY!)
And finally, one more pic that I love of Jon and Caden. I took it today in the middle of Caden's "photo shoot" today (our friend who took some pics of Caden for his birth annoucement). Look at how Caden is looking at his daddy; so cute! I think I am in trouble: This kid is a daddy's boy!

2 comments:

Kristi Bowers said...

OMG so cute!! Keep the updates coming
My friend told me of a website we can go to for free if you get a webcam and we can talk, see each other and the kids for free. Let me know if you can (or if we can help) and then we can get started

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jen... he is SO CUTE!!!! I can count the days until I get to hold him now using my fingers AND my toes... soon it will just be fingers... YAY!!! I miss you!!!

PS- Giving up chocolate?! Wow, points for you... my fellow choco-holic. You are a gooood mommy!!! I will eat your portion. Deal? Deal. (Somebody's got to)