I write today because as I mentioned a few posts ago, I have friends that remind me that I don't do it enough. So although I insist there isn't a ton exciting going on in my life, I will write a list of the top 5 things that keep me busy these days.
1) Sodoku. I blame Kara. Kara White. She taught me once, and I haven't put it down since. It's addictive; it makes you solve it before it allows you to put it down; it it stays in your head even when you close your eyes and attempt to forget about it. It's all consuming. It's sodoku.
2) Work. I write this because of course, my job can sometimes be all consuming. I've found its sometimes hard to draw boundaries with ministry, but its a necessary thing. I can't complain too much though, cuz I really do love my job and love the people I work with. Its the most rewarding thing I've ever done and can't imagine working doing anything else. And really, its just fun. Just to give an example, I spent 6 hours of my paid work week last week choreographing & rehearsing a dance to "We Go Together" (from Grease). Yeah, I get paid to do stuff like that all the time. My parents must be so stoked that they paid $80,000 for my college education.
3) Texting or calling my sister. On a serious note, my nephew has been in the hospital for the last week fighting off what has now turned into pneumonia. He has to be in isolation, and my sister (the amazing mom that she is) insisted on staying with him. So although people can visit them, she is not allowed out, as to not risk bringing outside infection in since she stays with him all the time. So at this point, she would give her left arm to be able to walk to Starbucks and get her own coffee. So I called her yesterday to wish her Happy Mothers Day and she was amazingly upbeat for being stuck in a hospital room. She is a prime example of a selfless, sacrificial mom. If you think about it, pray for Kaleb as he will probably be there until at least Thursday.
4) US Weekly. My loving husband got me a subscription for Christmas and its the gift that keep on giving. I love that it comes every Friday and I get to catch up on all the important things going on in the world. However, I've gotten EXTREMELY behind in reading these ever since I got back from Seattle, so I've been trying to catch up lately. I mean, I feel just so out of it because I had NO idea Ricki Lake was so skinny, Vanessa and Nick were so happy or that Tom and Katie were so rocky. (ok so we all saw that last one coming). If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm not sure if we can still be friends. Ok, ok, I will just let you borrow them when I'm done.
5) Active for Life. At work, our HR dept. started this program called Active for Life which motivates and encourages our staff to stay healthy and active. All those who wanted to were able to join a team, and each person on that team has to set a goal of how many "active minutes" they will accomplish each week. I'm a realist when it comes to exercise, and I said 150 minutes a week. ( I say realist because a good friend of mine tried to be all agro and put down over 350 minutes a week, and lets just say our team hasn't won a week's competition yet due to her missing her goal by about 300 minutes. I'm not judging, I'm just all about being realistic.) While 150 minutes doesn't even seem like a lot, it turns out it is. Good thing I have a 4.5 pound dog with A.D.D. that forces me to walk her frequently, or I wouldn't get these active points. And the work dancing helps as well. Each week we have to report our minutes, and the team with the highest percentage of their goal wins. Yeah, like I said, we haven't won yet. Maybe I should up the ante a bit and bust out my old Tae Bo DVD's. Or just suck it up and finally join a gym like I've been talking about for months. Either way we better win soon, cuz I want a Jamba Juice gift card...I mean I want to stay active and healthy...;-)
3 comments:
Hahaha Sudoku has claimed another victim. Kara will be so proud. She egged on my "habit" many moons ago, and now here we are.
Loved the update on life! Praying for Kaleb, J. Your sister is incredible, no question. Man, they've been through so much.
Love you!!!
dang, I wished I subscribed to US weekly!! I dont read nearly enough trashy magazines!
keep me posted on Tom & Katie...I'm concerned for them.
xo
yeah, i had no idea about Tomkat...or was that the baby name? whatever. good job on the update, Jen. I'm sorry about your nephew. I'll be praying for him too. looking forward to hanging out sometime...
love--
carrie
Post a Comment